Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8-Update

We are having a blast with our friends Demetria and Ray Hale this week. They extended their stay by two days!! We are so glad!! We have finally been able to do some touristy things. Chaz finally feels up to it. But we are doing it in small doses. Today he went to PT and OT and the girls are playing and I am making phone calls and sending emails in the hopes of getting somewhere with this apartment.

Yesterday was a big day! Chaz got 4 inches taller. He looks so much more comfortable. He is now eye level with me. He really likes being taller, he says he feels more like himself. His carbon fiber fitting should be here soon and that should make him even more comfortable. He also gets to order his next legs next week. These are called C-legs and they have a workable knee and ankle! Big steps ahead, wahoo!! His infection is under control so he will remain under the dose he is on for another 3-4 weeks.

We did get approval to return to TN on Aug 15th. As of yesterday, it is for 30 days. We hope that we will still get the entire 30, but with the Army you just never know. Regardless we are getting to go back home very soon! We are really excited about it.

Now as for the apartment, basically everyone here at WRAMC is so busy with the BRAC move to Bethesda that we have been forgotten about. We found out we were on the list but were deleted once because the kids were in TN and then again when we went on leave to TN and again when Chaz went back into the hospital. Nice, huh?! Beginning Monday I am going to start being a huge pain in the arse and I will be calling our leads twice every day until I get a date for a possible move in. This "I don't know" just isn't working for us. What I want to avoid is moving twice. As of today we will have to move into the Bethesda Fisher House within the next few weeks and then move into the apartment later in the year. What I don't want to happen is I move us to the new FH house and then move again within days of unpacking. If we could just get a date that would make life a lot easier. The frustrating part is we don't know what to do and no one will give us a straight answer on anything so Chaz and I just have to decode it all and put the puzzle together. As if our little family needs anything else to figure out.

Our meeting that was supposed to be on Monday was canceled about 30 minutes before it was supposed to start. Chaz and I both think they canceled it because they didn't have any answers for us. Our next meeting is set for July 12. So hopefully that meeting will reveal answers for us. We are probably in the most frustrating phase that we have ever been in. It's not really great to find out you have been forgotten about. It truly stinks. So we will be changing that beginning Monday. By the middle of next week the people will know our names when we call. My lovely hubby is so used to the Army system and just waiting and I am the fighter and I have no patience when people do not do their jobs. So we have enjoyed our time off and Monday morning the new battle begins, wahoo!

It looks like God's plan calls for us to be at Bethesda's Fisher House because he keeps putting it in our path. So I guess that's where we're going! I will do the two moves because we don't want our family to be homeless. I am not happy about it at all, but what are my other options. WRAMC is shutting down and Chaz will be treated at Bethesda and he needs us there with him. I am just so thankful to have Fisher House to support us because the Army can't communicate within itself right now and can't seem to get their act together. I can sleep well at night because the Fisher Foundation bridges the gaps of caring that the Armed Forces can't seem to provide right now. I know the people of the Fisher Foundation will be there to help us. I am thankful for Fisher House because our house manager already reserved us a room at Bethesda because he was afraid of exactly what is going on. Praise the Lord for the Fisher Foundation!!

Long story short, life is a little frustrating for us, but it's nothing that we can't handle. We are thankful for the people in our path who want to help us. I just pray that the people who are hindering us just get out of our way. Please continue to pray for our family!
Have a great day!
=) Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment