Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy 32nd Birthday to Chaz!!!!

As I am typing this, I am baking his cupcakes. He wanted white cake, the girls said no he needs confetti cake. So confetti cake it is! One thing is standard, he is getting my butter cream icing that is made from scratch. Deryn is frosting hers green and Ryann insists on frosting her blue. So we'll have blue and green cupcakes, with sprinkles of course. For Chaz's birthday he requested to stay home and chill out. We can all handle that, but I had to thrown in some surprises.

First he's getting one of his favorite meals, tater tot casserole. Second we have some friends bringing some surprises. Some of which I don't totally know about. This should be another great day for the Allen family, or Team Allen as how we are now being introduced around the hospital. One surprise I know of, his amazing online gaming community built him this amazing computer and Elloquin will be here at 10 to start putting it all together. For those who saw the packages, several of those had the computer components in them. I'll take another pic once it's all together. I am running to Target after I bake the cupcakes to buy a desk to put it on. I am so excited for Chaz and I know his gaming buddies are so excited to get him online so they can play together. So much happiness and joy will come from this gift. What these folks have done is just amazing. I am so happy that they wanted to do this for Chaz. I thought he was going to kill me when he found out. He told me I should have never allowed them to do it. I told him I don't think I had a choice. These people are like me, when they want to do and give they are going to and that's the end of it. I cannot wait to meet more of them. One of them was at the airport when we landed in TN. (I apologize now that I can't recall your name. I am really bad with names and I am a horrible speller on top of that.) It was so cool to have him there. Then I have been able to talk to some of them online and even had a phone call or two and today I get to meet another one. It's just so awesome to be blessed by so many wonderful people.

When Chaz started reading the boxes yesterday, he said, "Oh my what have you done?" I said, "Well tomorrow is your birthday?!" Chaz has told more than once that he can never trust me again. I keep saying "good." He said, "You are never going to stop with these surprises?" I said, "While I am alive and kicking, I'm not." I don't think he understands how much joy it brings me to do these awesome things for him. For some reason he seems to think it's all about him. ;)

I can't believe one year ago Chaz was in Afghanistan fighting the fight and we didn't even get to tell him Happy Birthday. Now a year has already passed and we are together for his birthday. And we are blessed by these amazing support groups. Chaz just shook his head and smiled last night when I told him Team Allen hit 3,200. He said it's all just crazy. He doesn't understand why everyone cares so much. He doesn't see how kick ass he is. He just thinks he's doing what he has to do. He just doesn't see how phenomenal that is, which to me makes him even more phenomenal. Most people would just be defeated and give up. Not my hubby, he's up walking on new legs and preparing to bike in the Army Ten Miler. One thing is for sure, I have the best husband, I am so proud of him and so proud he picked me over 12 years ago. Thanks to facebook I now know over 3200 other people think he's as amazing the girls and I do.

I just want to say thank you to all of you for your support. Being a wounded warriors' wife is really hard. We never know when the next battle is coming from and we never know which front is will be on. But having the support in place to pick us up when we are down is what makes it all tolerable. Thank you so much for your prayers, cards, emails, posts on facebook, for everything. We are so thankful for each and every one of you. Thank you for making Chaz's 32nd birthday so incredible. I hope you all have as great of a day as we will!

2 comments:

  1. The online gaming buddy you met at the airport would be Fireball and his son deathpool. One of these days when you are back in TN for good, my huuby and I would love to come meet you. We happen to have a Aunt that lives in Orlinda, and a cousin that lives in Cross Plains. I think those are close to you. I havent been online lately, but I am hoping to be back on soon, so I can talk with Chaz. Tell him happy birthday for us.

    Cynthia Graf
    GuardianAngel-1BC-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our granddaughter's birthday party was today. I had posted on your facebook page that I was going to eat a cupcake in honor of Chaz's birthday, and just wanted to let you know that I did, indeed, say "This one is for Chaz! Happy Birthday, hero!" And you want to know what is funny? The cupcakes were confetti cupcakes...and had green frosting on them! What are the odds, do you think?

    ReplyDelete