Thursday, December 22, 2011

11 months today....

11 months ago today, I did just like I did this morning. I woke up at 6am, took a shower, let the dog out and grabbed a cup of chai. But rather than auditing a clients' tax information I am blogging about how our lives have changed since that day.

It's crazy to me how 11 months ago today started out as just any other day. Two hours into it, I got the phone that changed it all. 11 months ago today, our lives as we knew them were drastically changed forever. January 22, was our Day Zero. It was a day full of tears and fears, that ended in me saying ok what's next?! When do I get to him, how does this all work?!

Over the past 11 months, Chaz and I have proven to our girls that when life throws you a curve ball, you swing your bat as hard as you can to knock that ball straight out of the park. We have shown them how you have to get back up and keep moving on. We have taught them that life is so great no matter what adversities are thrown your way.

Chaz has shown them the miracles of modern medicine and how when God puts the right people on your path you can get up and walk again. We have shown them that you cannot let physical disabilities stop you from leading a happy and full life. We have met the most amazing people on this journey and I know more will follow.

Everyday I am humbled by what all God has given to us. Chaz got to come home to us. We have been able to continue on with our happily ever after that we started many years ago. We have been blessed by the most amazing people who just want to make sure we move forward. We have learned so much about how the Army takes care of its soldiers and their families. We have learned so much about the amazing non-profits who work with the military to help the families wherever they may need it. Everyday to us is a reminder of how great our God is and I am so glad we can tell about his wonderful work in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. So thankful you've come so far!
    As we approach Christmas may your thoughts turn toward why this Babe was born! Praying!
    John 3:14-17 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete