Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Perfect Thing in My Inbox This Morning....

Nothing Can Hold You Back
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree...”
(Psalm 92:12, NKJ)
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Have you ever seen a palm tree in the midst of a great storm? That tree may be bent so far over that it’s almost touching the ground, but when the wind finally stops, that palm tree bounces right back up. What’s interesting is that while that palm tree is hunched over under the pressure of the storm, it is actually growing stronger?
The reason God said we’d flourish like a palm tree is because He knew there would be difficult times. He knew things would come against us to try to steal our joy and victory. God said, “You’re going to be like a palm tree because when the storms of life blow, you are going to come right back up stronger than before.” Nothing can hold you back! No weapon formed against you will prosper.
As you reflect on the events over the last year, remember, the storms you have encountered have only made you stronger. You are wiser, you are more alive, and you are headed for victory. You’re brightest days are right out in front of you! Always remember that with God on your side, nothing can hold you back!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for making me strong in You. I trust that You are working in my life, even in the midst of the storms. I know You will bring me out stronger, wiser and better off than ever before in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen


This was in my email this morning. I usually start my day with my quick emails from Joel Osteen. I know some people don't like Joel because he is so positive. However that is the exact reason I like him. I am as ridiculously positive as he is! 

Today's email was so absolutely perfect. I am so thankful for God's timing. He knew I needed this today. I am sharing this in case you need to be reminded of this too!

Over the course of the 2011, I have felt like a Palm Tree so many times that I could not begin to count them all. I just didn't realize it until I read this. I have been pushed so far over I still can't believe I didn't break. Sure I have sat down and cried multiple times and I bet there are a few more times to come. Once I even stopped and went into the bathroom in the middle of the hospital and let a few tears out, because the stress of everything had gotten to me. But after every thing that has happened we have always been able to stand up and move on. There are days that I sit and think how do we do this? How are we still sane? The answer is simply God knows. He knows what we can handle we just have to trust in him.

Letting go and bending with the wind is sometimes so impossibly hard. But God has shown me that is what we have to do. Things are not always going to go my way, they will go his way and we have to trust in that. If we bend like the Palm Tree God will see us through and he will help us become taller, stronger more beautiful trees. Now we just need to have a talk about us being trees in some place with a beach and lots of sun every once in a while! ;)

I hope this email I received this morning blesses your day like it did mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment